Hey there! I'm Ishliayaq just about anywhere. Deviant Art, Minecraft, Xbox Live, you name it. If there's an Ishliayaq there, it's me!
Mycena Cave Chat Fiasco
Hey all. I was originally going to submit this to that confessions blog, but I figure enough of my followers here are from MC and I’ll post it to the tag that it’ll get seen. Hopefully.
Anyway, I’m the reason the chat got taken down. Feel free to throw your tomatoes now. Get it out of your system.
Here’s what went down, in detail, so anyone who wasn’t there can get a feel for what actually happened, rather than through here-say and whatever else sources have been coming in.
I was in the chat with a small number of other people. A particular user mentioned how they liked a pairing between the characters Elsa from Frozen and Joffery from Game of Thrones. I, somewhat out of jest, and somewhat out of a true dislike for the latter character, argued the pairing. I acknowledge that sometimes my humor doesn’t come across well in text. This is likely one of those incidents, and I’m pretty sure I came across much more aggressive than I intended. The user then went on to say how they identified with said character, which bothered me significantly. Yes, I understand these characters are fictional, but they have specific traits and morals all the same, and so it made me nervous.
I brought up the fact that this character, and another that had been brought up in the conversation, were known rapists and murderers, and that this fact made me uncomfortable that someone was identifying as them.
I brought it up. There was no joking about it, it was being used to shine only negative light on the situation. In retrospect, yes, it was a poor choice. I can’t change that now.
I reiterated how uncomfortable the identifying with those characters made me, and exited chat. I then contacted the user through a third party and asked them to avoid directly interacting with me in the future. The situation was handled.
I did not go out of chat to contact an admin. During the event itself, a mod was present in the chat. They left shortly before I did. Secondly, I didn’t feel the situation was volatile enough to warrant intervention. It was primarily a personal matter, likely something anyone else in the chat at the time could tell you.
I took the initiative to handle the situation myself. Even though I had asked the user to avoid contact with me, I also gave them as much space as I could. I never once asked them to leave chat because it made me uncomfortable, or anything of the like. I thought the situation was handled.
It was shortly after that that the first confession appeared on that blog. This one was quite tame. In fact I’m under the impression that it was only made in good faith. But the posts that followed it were clearly made by people who didn’t witness the events, and they seemed to misconstrue the information in that post.
They started attacking the people who had done nothing wrong.
I do not agree with the removal of the chat. I honestly feel that a few users were really the ones causing issue, and I’m disappointed that rather than tackling those users head on, the chat was just removed instead. I’m also disappointed that there was no formal announcement. The note about its removal isn’t even up anymore. The notice itself felt very condescending to me, especially when I was feeling as guilty as I already was, and felt like it placed the blame solely on the users, which again I disagree with completely.
I’m trying to remedy the situation as best I can, partially by helping open the AIM chat and by slipping back primarily into lurker mode. If anyone’s uncomfortable with me technically owning the aim chat, I’ll gladly transfer ownership to one of the other operators. I can do that in a heartbeat. I just really want people to stop saying how horrible the chat users are. They’re almost always nothing less than sweet, and some days I found myself getting out of bed only because I knew there’d be pleasant faces in the chat for me to talk to.
I’m sad to see it gone. And I hope you all can understand how truly sorry I am that it’s my fault.
It’s been six months and I still can’t deal with it being gone. I dream about it; it keeps me up at night. I can’t get it out of my head. But there’s nothing I can do to fix that… It’s gone. For good.
I HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE DAY
DON’T FORGET TO EAT YOUR VEGETABLES
❁ meet the blogger ❁
nickname: Ishy mostly
favourite flower: Lilies or Orchids
favourite fruit: mangoes, kiwi, dragon fruit
favourite ice-cream flavour: cake batter or mango sorbet
favourite passtime: sleeping, watching shows, video games
day or night: night
chocolate or vanilla: vanilla
how do you take you coffee/tea: hot, spiced, and strong
zodiac sign: Aquarius
your catchphrase: uh… I dunno. “Fuck me.” Most likely.
Bold what applies to you!
I am male
I am female
I am neither male or female
I am under the age of 18
I am 18 or older
I am straight
I am gay or lesbian
I am bisexual or pansexual
I am asexual
I have two or more friends
I have one friend
I have no friends
I have/had a best friend
I am close with my friend(s)
I spend a lot of time with friends
I have a crush on a friend
I hate a friend
I wish I had fewer friends
I wish I had more friends
I am single
I am in a relationship
I am married
I am a virgin
I often date
I prefer to date extroverted people
I prefer to date people who are like me
I prefer to date people who are unlike me
I take relationships very seriously
I have high standards
I date people who are overweight
I date people who are skinny
I have/had depression
I have cried myself to sleep
I have/had anxiety
I am often lonely
I keep a lot of emotions inside
I am scared of talking to people I want to talk more to
I have an eating disorder
I have low self-esteem
I often feel I embarrass myself
I have been abused
I feel people consider me dumb or don’t take me seriously
I am quickly jealous
I feel people want me to be someone/something I’m not
I have been sexually assaulted
I have experienced discrimination/racism
I have become a better person
I have gotten out of a bad period of time
I am confident
I am looking forward to something
I have enjoyed myself over the past week
I have met a famous person
I consider myself a kindhearted person
I am currently feeling relaxed and comfortable
I appreciate the little things in life
I have nobody in my life whom I hate
I have achieved something large this year
I am part of a religion that brings me peace
I have a movie/game/song which cheers me up
…get scared from watching horror movies
…play a sport
…read a lot of books
…believe in love at first sight
…own an instrument
…am listening to music right now
…value romance and friendship equally
…have sneaked out of the house
…respect people’s comfort zones and personal space
…spend money on a daily basis
…want to write a book
…can ride a horse
…put my hands over my face when I’m flattered
…like the colors pink and yellow
…own an xbox
…shop at least once a week
…have a drivers license
…drink alcoholic beverages
…get scared by unsettling imagery and screamers
…eat fast food at least twice a week
Likes and Dislikes
I like parties
I dislike parties
I like perfume
I dislike perfume
I like “so bad it’s good” movies
I dislike “so bad it’s good movies”
I like playing video games
I dislike playing video games
I like chocolate
I dislike chocolate
I like having a busy schedule
I dislike having a busy schedule
I like laughing at my own jokes
I dislike laughing at my own jokes
I like compliments
I dislike compliments
I like heavy metal music
I dislike heavy metal music
I like snow
I dislike snow
I like taking walks with someone
I dislike taking walks with someone
I like people who aren’t very talkative
I dislike people who aren’t very talkative
- I have/had piercings besides the ears.
- I want piercings besides the ears.
- I have a scar.
- I tan easily.
- I wish my hair was a different colour.
- I have friends who have never seen my natural hair color.
- I have a tattoo
- I want a/more tattoo(s).
- I can be self-conscious about my appearance.
- I have/had braces
- I have more than two piercings.
- Disney movies still make me cry sometimes.
- I’ve laughed so hard I’ve cried.
- I’ve glued my hand to something.
- I’ve laughed until some kind of beverage came out of my nose.
- I’ve had my pants rip in public.
- I’ve touched something sharp/hot/etc to see if it would hurt.
- I’ve gotten stitches.
- I’ve broken or dislocated a bone.
- I’ve had my tonsils removed.
- I’ve had my wisdom teeth removed.
- I’ve had chicken pox.
- I’ve been to Florida.
- I’ve driven/ridden over 200 kilometres in one day.
- I’ve been on a plane.
- I’ve been to California.
- I’ve been to Asia.
- I’ve been to Africa
- I’ve been to Niagara Falls.
- I’ve been to Vanuatu or the Mystery Islands.
- I’ve been to the Caribbean.
- I’ve been to Europe.
- I’ve gotten lost in my city.
- I’ve seen a shooting star.
- I’ve wished on a shooting star.
- I’ve seen a meteor shower.
- I’ve gone out in public in my pajamas.
- I’ve slapped someone.
- I’ve kissed someone underwater.
- I’ve been skiing.
- I’ve been in a musical.
- I’ve auditioned for something.
- I’ve been on stage.
- I’ve caught a snowflake on my tongue.
- I’ve pranked someone.
- I’ve ridden in a taxi.
Honesty / Crime
- I’ve done something I promised someone I wouldn’t.
- I’ve done something I promised myself I wouldn’t.
- I’ve snuck out.
- I’ve lied about my whereabouts.
- I’ve cheated while playing a game.
- I’ve been in a fist fight.
- I’m afraid of dying.
- I hate funerals.
- Someone close to me has attempted/committed suicide.
- I have attempted suicide.
- I’ve written a eulogy for myself.
- I own over 5 rap CD’s.
- I collected comic books.
- I own something from Pac Sun.
- I own something from The Gap.
- I own something I got on eBay.
- I thrive on compliments.
- I thrive on hate.
- I’ve stolen a tray from a fast food restaurant.
- I open up to others easily.
- I watch the news occasionally or always.
- I don’t like to kill bugs.
- I sing in the shower.
- I’m a morning person.
- I’m a sports fanatic
- I twirl my hair.
- I love to spam friends.
- I’ve copied more than 30 CD’s in a day.
- My favorite color is either white, yellow, pink, blue, red, black, purple, or orange.
- I would wear pajamas to school.
- I like Martha Stewart.
- I laugh at my own jokes.
- I eat fast food weekly.
- I’m really ticklish.
- I like white chocolate.
- I bite/used to bite my nails.
- I’m good at remembering names.
- I’m too scared to talk to someone I want to be friends with.
- I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life.
- ..have said I’m fat.
- ..have said I’m skinny.
- ..have said I’m ugly.
- ..have said I’m pretty.
- ..have spread rumors about me.
- ..have said I’m quiet
- ..force me to eat.
- ..say I eat too much.
- ..say I eat too little.
- I’ve lost weight.
- I’ve gained weight.
- I’m at my thinnest.
- I’m at my biggest.
- I’ve lost weight, but gained it back.
- My weight affects my mood.
- I diet.
- I am/was a vegan/vegetarian.
- I exercise.
- I’ve fainted from exhaustion.
- I’ve been diagnosed with an eating disorder.
- I’ve planned to run away from home before.
- I’ve run away from home.
- I have a sibling less than one year old.
- I want kids in the future.
- I’ve had kids.
- I’ve lost a child.
- I’m engaged.
- I’m married.
- I’m single.
- I’ve gone on a blind date.
- I have/had a friend with benefits.
- I miss someone right now.
- I have a fear of abandonment.
- I’ve gotten divorced.
- I’ve had feelings for someone who didn’t have them back.
- Someone has/had feelings for me when I didn’t have them back.
- I’ve told someone I loved them when I didn’t.
- I’ve told someone I didn’t love them when I did.
- Someone’s told me they loved me when I didn’t love them back.
- I’m a cuddler.
- I’ve been kissed in the rain.
- I’ve hugged a stranger.
- I’ve kissed a stranger.
- I regularly drink.
- I can’t swallow pills.
- I can swallow numerous pills at a time without difficulty.
- I’ve been diagnosed with depression at some point.
- I have/had anxiety problems.
- I shut others out when I’m upset.
- I don’t have anyone to talk to when I’m upset about something personal.
- I have taken/take anti-depressants.
- I’ve slept an entire day before.
- I’ve plotted revenge.